Are you seeking a fresh, rejuvenated appearance? Are you interested in looking more alert and well rested? The eyes are one of the most fascinating features of the face. Unfortunately, the natural aging process affects the skin and muscles that surround the eyes, often causing people to look older than they are. Eyelid Surgery, also known as Blepharoplasty, may be your solution. This cosmetic procedure can enhance the look of your upper eyelids and/or lower eyelids.
What is Eyelid Surgery?
Eyelid Surgery (also known as a Blepharoplasty) removes excess fat, muscle, and skin from both the upper and lower lids. The result is a younger, firmer eye area.
Blepharoplasty can treat:
- Bags under the eyes
- Loose skin that creates folds in the upper or lower eyelids
- Sagging skin that impairs vision
- Excess fatty deposits that make the eyelids look swollen
- Droopiness of the lower eyelids
- Additional skin around eyes
This procedure is personalized for each patient. During surgery, Dr. Dillon will make small incisions around the eyelid. These incision scars will be tiny and practically invisible. After pulling the skin taut, he will remove any bulging fatty tissue and excess skin before stitching up the areas.
*Benefits of Eyelid Surgery
- Fewer fine lines
- Reduced undereye bags
- A refreshed, rejuvenated appearance
- Improved vision due to removal of sagging eyelid skin
- A more youthful, alert appearance
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
Candidates for Eyelid Surgery are those who:
- Are healthy and do not have medical conditions that can impair healing
- Do not smoke
- Have a positive outlook and are realistic about outcomes
- Aren’t experiencing serious eye conditions
Dr. Dillon works to customize each patient’s Blepharoplasty to address their desired results. Whether a patient wants to look more awake or simply turn back the hands of time, we can discuss your desired results and develop a treatment plan.
If you are interested in enhancing your appearance, please contact our office to schedule your consultation with one of the most trusted plastic surgeons in Silver Spring, Maryland.
*Individual results may vary.